Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab: Zenobia

purchased and reviewed by ThoraSTooth

Scent of the Day:  Zenobia (Warrior Queens Inquisition 2009) --  Orris, clove, costus storax, patchouli, hyssop, frankincense, balsam, and saffron.

The first sniff of this is light clovey wood.  There's a touch of menthol, probably from the patchouli.  It smells a little dusty to me too, which I think is the costus although it might be the orris.

Wet on my skin, it's immediately richer and more resinous.  Although orris doesn't like me, it's cooperative in this scent.  As it dries down Zenobia becomes mostly cloves and frankincense over a base of patchouli.  It matures away from the cloves and patchouli, becoming more a frankincense and balsam scent, although it retains a touch of spiciness.

This is a comforting, close to the skin scent.  I was craving frankincense and cloves, and this scent filled the bill nicely.  Sometimes I like to wear this one to bed on cold nights because it makes me feel so warm and cosy.

No comments:

Post a Comment