Monday, July 20, 2015

Essie Silk Watercolor Abstract Floral Nail Look Kit

purchased by me

It seems as though everyone's getting into the sheer, blendable polishes these days.  OPI Color Paints were, to the best of my knowledge, the first, but Sephora and Essie weren't far behind.  I grabbed one of the Essie sets of mini polishes at Ulta so I could try them.

I didn't swatch the OPIs because there were so many good swatches out there, but I did swatch the three Essie polishes I got.  They differ from OPI in two ways.  First, Essie suggests using a white base and includes one in the sets of minis.  Second, the Essie polishes are sheerer than the OPIs, which can be either an advantage or a disadvantage, depending on how opaque you want your polish.  The Essies are not, however, as sheer as the OPI Sheer Tints, their first, disastrous attempt at colored top coats.

Highest Bidder is a bright fuschia.


Pen and Inky is a blue-toned turquoise.


Point of Blue is a soft indigo.


White Page is a decent, two-coat white.


I haven't played with the Essies like I have with the OPIs, but I'm excited to experiment.  I prefer the chrome base to the white, though.  The sheerer tint gives me some great ideas about combining them.  The Silk Watercolor Abstract Floral Nail Look Kit is available at Ulta for $13.00 + applicable tax and shipping, or you can get individual colors at Head2ToeBeauty for $8.00 each + shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment