Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab: Brisingamen

purchased and reviewed by ThoraSTooth

BPAL Scent of the Day:  Brisingamen (Ars Amatoria):  A glittering mantle of rich golden notes: five ambers, soft myrtle, apple blossom and carnation.

My introduction to Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab was via an imp of Brisingamen which a friend brought me, saying "here, try this.  I want to see if you like it."  It was closer to my zone than any commercial perfume I'd ever tried, and that's what hooked me.  It's not my favorite nowadays, but I keep some of it around out of sentiment, and for days when I want to smell all Old Norse goddess-y.

In the vial Brisingamen gives off a thin, slightly sharp resin impression.  Fresh on my skin, it's a somewhat high, floral amber.  On drydown, it turns softer and smooth.  One of the amber notes behaves like frankincense, contributing a sort of piney spice impression -- or maybe that's the carnation?  Overall it's a straightforward amber scent.  It's more on the powdery, floral side of amber than the thick, sweet, vanillic side, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment