Wednesday, September 24, 2014

OPI, Clark + Kensington paint, Ace Hardware and Piet Mondrian

purchased by me

A couple of weeks ago, the lovely G of Nouveau Cheap posted that there was a trio of OPI mini polishes available at Ace Hardware.  My dad's second post-retirement job was as one of Ace's Helpful Hardware folks, a job he was good at and where I loved to visit him, so I knew I had to have it!  Clark + Kensington have collaborated with OPI to bring OPI colors to interior paint, and the only fault I find with the collection is that there's no C+K version of Espresso Yourself!  So I zipped into Ace, asked where the nail polish was, giggled, bought the trio, and came home with this cute little box:

Can't Find My Czechbook is a turquoise crème from the Euro Centrale collection, I Eat Mainely lobster is a red-coral crème from the Touring America collection and My Vampire is Buff is an off-white crème also from the Euro Centrale collection.  You've all seen them dozens of times, so I decided not to swatch them on their own, but to try for some nail art.  

Even though there is no yellow in the mini-collection, I immediately thought of Piet Mondrian's lozenge works, and starting with a base of My Vampire is Buff, I added black lines with my Migi nail art pen and filled in random rectangles with I Eat Mainely Lobster and Can't Find My Czechbook.




My lines are terrible because of how much my hands were shaking, but it's a fun mani and I'm glad I did it.  I even wore blue & coral today to match!

No comments:

Post a Comment