Tuesday, September 23, 2014

My first Ipsy bag was a bust. :(

purchased by me

I finally got off the wait list and onto the monthly bag list, just in time to get a bag full of nothing I could use.


The be a bombshell face powder is made is China, and given the multiple cases of contamination of food products we've seen from there, I'm certainly not putting it on my face!

The Cailyn Art Touch Tinted Lip Gloss is slightly sticky, lightly moisturizing and gets points for being made in the US.  However, it loses points for being much too orange for me and for the fact that it doesn't come safety-sealed.

The Briogeo Don't Despair Hair Repair is too heavy for my fine hair.

The Pacifica Waterproof Eye Pencil was such a light brown, I thought it was an eyebrow pencil for a blonde!

I am reluctant to try the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel, both because of my experience with the Revlon Color Stay polish and because of the color.  Piggy Pink is a coral-pink crème, and honestly, if I'm going to be stuck with a polish that long, it's not going to be boring.

What I do love is the bag.  It's a soft gunmetal imitation leather with four little pewter-colored studs.  It seems reasonably well-constructed, and the pyramidal studs give it a bit of a steampunk edge, which I am a complete sucker for.  So, one out of six.  If next month's bag isn't a whole lot better, I'm going to cancel.

No comments:

Post a Comment