Monday, September 15, 2014

Coca-Cola by OPI 10-Pack of Style

purchased by me

The OPI and Coke collaboration came out a bit ago, but it took me a while to get all 8 colors swatches.  Yes, that's correct, the collection has 9 colors, but the mini-pack has 8 colors plus base and top coat.  Pictures and reviews after the jump!

photo courtesy of Ulta

All swatches are two coats and all 8 polishes had a smooth, workable formula.

Get Cherried Away is a medium red-toned purple.  It's not completely opaque in two coats, as the flash picture shows, but the tiny thin spots don't show at conversational distance.


Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


Coca-Cola Red is exactly that, a perfect match for Coke cans and other packaging.  This one was perfect in two easy coats.
Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


Sorry I'm Fizzy Today is a coral-toned pink.  Like Get Cherried Away, it wasn't perfect in two coats, but it was very close!
Indoors with flash:


In the sun:


A Grape Affair was a royal pain.  In every single photo but one, it looked black!  It's a very dark purple, and it does look black in low light and during daily wear, but in stronger light it's super-pretty.

Indoors with flash:


Green On The Runway is a green shimmer with a slight brown duochrome visible on the edges and rather brush-stroke-y.
Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


Today I Accomplished Zero is the one failure in the bunch.  It's a sheer black base with hot pink glitter, and it wasn't anywhere near opaque in two coats, plus the glitter wanted to bunch up.  I'll stick with Revlon Scandalous for my pink-n-black fix!

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


You're So Vain-illa is a creamy yellow-toned beige, and it's absolutely flawless.  Perfect in two coats, well-behaved and sadly, too yellow for my skin tone. :(  Lobster hands ahoy!

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


My Signature is "DC" is a pretty silver chrome, nothing new or exciting, but easy to use, very pretty and yes, it does look like a Diet Coke can!

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


I have complained about the additional cost of the mini-packs from OPI, but the Coke one is $24.95 at Ulta, and qualifies for coupons, so between the coupon and the overall quality of the polishes, I'm saying it's worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for swatching these. That glitter does look fail-tastic but I love the silver! I love Zoya Trixie but it never dries completely for me so I end up removing it every time I try to use it. This looks like it might be just the silver for me.

    ReplyDelete