Monday, June 30, 2014

Sinful Colors Silk + Satin: Matte About Blue

purchased by me

When I first read about the Silk + Satin collection on Nouveau Cheap, I didn't think I'd be seeing them in NE Ohio any time soon.  According to this article, they're scheduled for release on August 1, and we're not exactly cutting edge around here. ;-)  So I was delighted and thrilled to walk into my local (sorta) Rite-Aid and find the entire collection, along with the OMGeode collection and all of the summer Sinful Colors!  Anyway, out of the plethora of polishes, I only grabbed one--Matte About Blue.

In the bottle, Matte About Blue looks like a royal blue, but it darkens as it dries to a very pretty navy.  The flash photo shows the finish but the color is more true to life in the non-flash photo. The finish is not chalky, but not a satin matte, a true matte.  It was almost opaque in two coats, but I did three just to be sure.  Normally, I am death on any polish which needs more than two coats, but since I've not seen a navy matte before, I'm going to be forgiving and love this one. :-)

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


The Silk + Satin collection is supposed to arrive at drugstores on August 1, but I found mine at Rite-Aid on Sunday, June 29 for $1.99 + tax.

No comments:

Post a Comment