Monday, June 16, 2014

Sally Hansen Color Foil: Leaden Lilac

purchased by me

For summer, Sally Hansen has a boatload of new stuff, but I was most intrigued by the Color Foil polishes, which are actually chromes rather than foils.  I picked up three, and the first one I have to show you is Leaden Lilac.

The formula was the same for all three polishes--thick enough to be a one-coat wonder, prone to color variation because the opaque bottles don't let you see when you've shaken them enough to mix up the pigment, definitely in need of a ridge-filling base coat and insanely shiny.  None of the Color Foils dried extremely quickly, even with just one coat--dry time was average.  All of my swatches are one coat with no top coat.

Leaden Lilac is a blue-toned periwinkle--my camera didn't pick up the purple tones, but they're there and it's not as blue as it looks in the pictures.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash, with bonus bubbles from shaking:


Despite the flaws I see in my nails, I get compliments whenever I wear one of these polishes, and I do like that they're quick, easy and OOHSHINY.  They also make a good base for jelly polishes, and although $7.99 is on the high side for a drugstore polish, I'm happy with the three I got and debating picking up the turquoise one.

The Color Foil polishes are available wherever Sally Hansen is sold.  I got mine at Walgreens.

2 comments:

  1. Not really, but thank you for reminding me so I could edit my post!

    ReplyDelete