Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Nayll Custom Polish: Mousie Hearts

purchased by me

If you've ever had the dream of a perfect polish in your head but didn't feel like getting seriously into frankening, Nayll is the solution!  I designed four polishes, Nayll made them, and in one week, I had them in my hands!  Three of the four were inspired by my dog and one was inspired by a fantastic novel I just read.

There are lots of dog stories on my other blog, Curmudgeonette, but the short version of the one that inspired the polish is that one year on Valentine's Day, my dog left me a dead mouse.  The vet asked if I opened it up to see the little red heart, and I said no.  So Mousie Hearts is purple, white and pink hearts in Nayll's "Plum Jelly" base, which I would characterize as a berry jelly.

The jelly base is gorgeous--smooth, shiny, not too thin or too thick, applied like a dream.  I had to do just a bit of fishing for hearts, but I suspect if I had been willing to wait while the polish sat upside down overnight, it wouldn't have been needed.

First I used one coat over Sally Hansen Titanium Flash:

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


In the sun:


Then I used two coats of Mousie Hearts on its own.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


In the sun:


The cost of polishes varies depending on what you add to them.  Mine averaged $9.40 each and shipping was $3.50.  I can't say enough good things about Nayll, and I've started saving up for the rest of my polish ideas!  Sara, the owner of Nayll has very generously offered my readers 20% off and with code BAUBLES and it's good until June 30th at midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment