Monday, March 10, 2014

OPI Muppets Most Wanted collection

purchased by me

The new Muppet movie, Muppets Most Wanted, premiered on Friday, and OPI's latest Muppet collection is available now!



More after the jump!

Like last year's Oz, the Great and Powerful, this movie tie-in collection is also OPI's Soft Shades collection, and the only one which doesn't fit my preconceived notions of Soft Shades is Miss Piggy's Big Number.

Chillin' Like a Villain is a white-based pale peach and my least favorite of the collection.  It's streaky, even at three coats, and not appropriate for my skin tone.  Zoya Cole is about two shades darker.


Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


Gaining Mole-mentum is a clear base with gold and rose-pink shards.  Again, the formula is great and I love the color combo and the shard glitter!


Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


Kermit Me to Speak is a soft mauve-to-taupe duochrome.  It's not flashy, but the shift is very visible and quite pretty.  It was opaque in two easy coats.


Indoors without flash:



Indoors with flash:

 

Let's Do Anything We Want is a clear base with matte white glitter and small rose-pink hex glitter.  Like Muppets World Tour, the formula was perfect for a glitter topper, although I think I'd like it better over a darker base.


Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:



Miss Piggy's Big Number is the odd duck (odd pig?) in this collection, being a bright blue foil with a tiny smidge of purple visible at the edges.  The formula was smooth and well-behaved, and it only needed two coats for opacity.


Indoors with flash:


 Indoors without flash:


Muppets World Tour is a clear base with silver and multi-colored glitter.  One coat gave me enough glitter to cover my nails and enough clear space to let the base color shine through.  The formula is thick enough to hold the glitter, but not too thick, and the glitter spreads perfectly.


Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


International Crime Caper is an opal white that I didn't get one decent picture of.  *headdesk*  I'll be updating this post again when I do!




The Muppets Most Wanted opens March 21st, and the polishes are available now wherever OPI is sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment