Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Ruby Wing Cupcakes & Champagne collection: Doux

purchased by me

Ruby Wing is a division of Color Club, and their fall collection, Cupcakes & Champagne, is full of scented, color-changing polishes.  The first of three that I got was Doux, which is a pale champagne base with pink-to-purple shifting shimmer.  There is a lot of shimmer, and even indoors, it doesn't matter that the base is still transparent after three coats, because the glow hides all the flaws in my nails.  Outdoors, it changes to a medium greyed-purple base with the same color-shifting shimmer.  It smells like grape candy, but not so strongly as to put you off if you don't like the scent.  I love this polish--it's work-safe with a hidden twist!

In the sun:


Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


Ruby Wing polishes are available at a number of etailers, and I've seen them in person at my local Rite-Aid

No comments:

Post a Comment