Monday, October 7, 2013

Models Own Velvet Goth collection: Absinthe

purchased by me

When I got an e-mail telling me the Velvet Goth box set was available for £20 + shipping from Models Own, and it wasn't yet available on either Ninja Polish or Llarowe, I jumped on it.  It wound up costing about the same as it would have to get the polishes from a US stockist, and was super fast--I ordered on Friday and they were on my porch the next Tuesday!

First up is Absinth, a blackened blue-green with lots of chunky glitter.  The formula was a bit thick, but not gloopy, it was opaque in two coats and dried fully in fifteen minutes.  This feels like a winter color to me, the color of the shadows between pine needles on a snowy day.

In the sun:


Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


The Velvet Goth collection is available now at Models Own and their stockists.  If you love green and texture, get Absinthe--you won't be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment