Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Sally Hansen Sugar Coat: Royal Icing

purchased by me

As I said yesterday, when I saw the newest Sugar Coat polishes from Sally Hansen, I grabbed the two I liked best.  Royal Icing is a dusty pale blue base with tiny pink-to-gold duochrome shimmer.  It's not an exact dupe for Sinful Colors Cinderella, because the base is a bit more grey-toned, but it's definitely close and probably the most unique textured polish I've seen.

Royal Icing is gorgeous, but also a bit of a diva.  It was thin, which you can see in my swatches, and prone to dragging if I didn't wait at least five minutes between coats.   If you can live with that and you like textured polishes, find this one quickly before it sells out!  All swatches are three coats, and I should have done four to avoid VNL.

In the sun:


Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:



The Sugar Coat collection is now available at Target, Walgreens and CVS, and if you're in NE Ohio, I've also seen them at Marc's!

No comments:

Post a Comment