Monday, June 24, 2013

Sally Hansen Sugar Coat: Red Velvet

purchased by me

When the first round of Sally Hansen textured polishes hit drugstores, I wasn't in a hurry to get them.  None of them had sparkly glitter, and I'm not crazy about the single-color textured polishes.  The second round, however, had some sparkly shades and a shimmery shade in addition to the plain ones, so I grabbed the two that caught my eye.

The first of these was Red Velvet.  The color is gorgeous--American Beauty Rose red.  The texture bits don't sparkle, but the base is shimmery, which gives it the contrast I like.  The formula was easy to work with, very pigmented and smooth and the dry time was quick.  All swatches are two coats.

In the sun:


Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


The Sugar Coat collection is now available at Target, Walgreens and CVS, and if you're in NE Ohio, I've also seen them at Marc's!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for swatching this. It looks much nicer on you than the display makes it appear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it! And thank you very much for the compliment. :)

    ReplyDelete