Friday, May 24, 2013

OPI Black Spotted

purchased by me




Last summer, with the release of the OPI Spiderman movie tie-in collection, American buyers got a green crackle.  The lucky ducks in France and the Netherlands, however, got a black not-crackle polish called Black Spotted.  Everyone with a Continental collection sent out desperate polish SOSs to their friends, the stuff sold for up to $50/bottle on Ebay, and there was much despair and wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Me, I just waited a year, and grabbed a bottle for $15 on Ebay. :)  Black Spotted (at least my bottle) is super-thin, and the spots appear almost instantly.  I used one thin coat over three coats of Chic from Ears to Tail, and after I flooded one cuticle through not realizing how thin the polish was, I did the rest quickly and easily.
Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


I love how this turned out, and I can't wait to try it over gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment