Friday, May 10, 2013

L'Oreal Nail Lingerie: Princess Sprinkles

purchased by me

L'Oreal recently released their Spring 2013 collection, called Miss Candy.  When I first saw the collection on Nouveau Cheap, I was intrigued by the stickers, which L'Oreal calls "Nail Lingerie".  When the collection showed up at my local Walgreens, all L'Oreal products were on sale buy-one-get-one-half-off, so I grabbed all three sticker sets.  The first ones I tried were the pink swirls, called Princess Sprinkles.

These are decals, not polish strips, so they are noticeably thicker, particularly when worn on top of polish.  The name doesn't particularly fit, as the pink stripes are not at all sparkly, and I found that the stickers tended to peel quite quickly.  By the end of one day, I'd peeled them all off because they were sticking up in odd ways and bugging me.  However, they did look really cute over a contrasting polish, and I'll probably save the other sets for a special occasion manicure.  Pictures are of the Nail Lingerie over two coats of Orly Snocone.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


If you're less tempted than I am to pick at things, the pattern on these is cute, and might be worth the cost.  I won't be returning the ones I bought, but I'll save them for a mani I won't be wearing for more than a few hours.  L'Oreal Nail Lingerie retail for $8.99 plus tax, at least here in NE Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment