Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Deborah Lippmann Mermaid collection: Mermaid's Eyes


purchased by me

Mermaid's Eyes is a bright, sky-blue foil with a ton of blue hex glitter and gold and silver micro-glitter.  It was a little on the thick side, but easy to work with, opaque in two coats, and benefits from a good thick top coat for maximum smoothness and shine.

In the sun:


In the shade:


This one isn't as successful for me as the others in the collection.  Since the base is thicker, the glitter shows up more like lumps than like glitter.  I think I'll try thinning it before I wear it again.

Deborah Lippman polishes are available on her website, at Nordstrom, at Beauty.com and at Ulta (although the Mermaid polishes are not in my local store yet).  The retail price is $19.00 + any applicable tax and shipping charges.

No comments:

Post a Comment