Thursday, April 25, 2013

Orly MegaPixel FX: Aqua Pixel


purchased by me



The MegaPixel collection is Orly's entry into the textured polish that's so hot this year, but it's very hard to find!  It's not at any of the usual e-tailers, the display at my local Ulta store was almost empty, and the only place I have found it online is Ulta's website.  Right now, they're $10 each, but if you buy two, you get one free.

I was not particularly impressed with the one polish I did manage to snag, Aqua Pixel.  It's a pretty enough blue glittery polish, but there wasn't enough green in the color for me to call it aqua, and there was no matte to the base to contrast with the glitter.  It just felt like a particularly rough glitter polish, one that would take 2-3 coats of Gelous to even approach being smooth.  All swatches are two coats with no top coat.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


My local Sally beauty had no idea if they are getting these polishes, and they're not on the Orly website, so I'd suggest that if you want them, you grab them from Ulta while the sale is still going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment