Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pirate Polish Valentine's Day Collection

Pirate Polish has a small but mighty collection for Valentine's Day, and I have all four polishes to show you after the jump!





Be Mine is a soft pink crème with gold glitter.  It's work-appropriate without being boring and fairly easy to work with.  I used three coats for my swatches, but I think it might be better over undies, because the gold glitter in the first coats gets drowned by the pink.


Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


In the sun:



Cinnamon Girl is an intensely (almost insanely) red jelly with red and holographic glitters of various shapes and sizes.  It reached bottle color in two coats, which I've shown here, but since it's a jelly, there's still some VNL.  It did dry a tad bumpy, but a good thick top coat would fix that easy-peasy.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


In the sun:



Lovandula is a clear jelly with purple micro-glitter, purple and pink holographic hex glitter and purple diamond glitter.  It's absolutely gorgeous, and I've shown one coat over a white base.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


In the sun:



Love in a Cold Climate is a clear jelly with pink holographic square glitter, blue hex glitter, white diamond glitter and blue heart glitter.  It definitely makes me think of a love grown cold.  I've shown one coat over a white base, but I'll layer it over a darker color next time, since I pretty much lost all the white diamonds. 

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


In the sun:


I should mention that not once with any of these four polishes did I fish for or place the glitters--each brushful had a good selection and they spread quite nicely.  Pirate Polish polishes are available at the Etsy store, and the retail price for full-size is $10 each and minis are $5 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment