Thursday, January 31, 2013

Lippmann Collection Marquee Moon

Marquee Moon is a polish I lusted for the minute I saw it on All Lacquered Up.  It was beyond my price range back then, but my lovely and awesome friend Tina sent me a bottle and a gorgeous hand-knitted hood that year.  Marquee Moon is a silver metallic polish with large, mirror-bright silver hex glitters.  Although it's quite shiny rather than grungy, it still makes me feel as if I have steampunk nails.  It's opaque in two easy coats, and wears quite well.  All swatches are two coats, no top coat.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


In the sun:


I should have doubled up on the ridge-filling basecoat, because like many chromes, this polish is unforgiving of nail flaws.  And those are not bald spots, just slightly less shiny areas in the polish.  Seeing these, I'll have to re-swatch at some point to do justice to this pretty.  Marquee Moon is available on Amazon, which I'm not linking to because they've done too many shady things in the past for me to send them traffic.  But if you want it, that's where to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment