Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Lippmann Collection Funky Chunky

I think I loved the idea of this polish more than the execution--a black jelly with black hex glitters sounded lovely.  Unfortunately, it was still semi-patchy at three coats, and although it looked fine at conversational distance, the bald spots showed very obviously in the sun.  All swatches are three coats without top coat.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


In the sun:


I love the black hex glitters, but I think the next time I wear this it will be one coat over a plain black polish!  If you'd like your own bottle of Funky Chunky, your best bet is going to be a blog sale or another after-market venue.  It doesn't seem to be part of the Nordstrom Lippman offerings, nor is it available on the Deborah Lippman website.

No comments:

Post a Comment