Saturday, September 15, 2012

Savvy by femme couture: Chrome

I mentioned yesterday that I used Chrome as a base for one of my new DifferentDimension glitters, but I realized that I hadn't featured this polish on its own.  It does deserve its own post, so here it is!

femme couture is a brand of mineral makeup I've only ever seen at Sally Beauty, and Savvy is their nail polish.  Only one color is available on the Sally Beauty website, but there are more colors on the shelves at my local store.  I grabbed Chrome because I was looking for a plain silver foil, and I'm pretty impressed--for a buck I got a polish which is silvery, shiny, opaque in two coats, doesn't make my ridges look too terribly obvious and is great for stamping!  Both swatches are two coats without top coat.

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


I don't know why there are so few of these on the Sally Beauty website unless they're being phased out, but if you have a brick & mortar SB nearby, you might want to grab a bottle of Chrome if you need a dependable silver foil.

No comments:

Post a Comment