Monday, September 10, 2012

Essence Colour & Go: Date in the Moonlight

Finally, the new Ulta store near me is open!  This means I have access to what is (so far) the only US outlet for Essence Colour & Go polishes.  For the store's grand opening, I had a coupon for 20% off my entire purchase, so the polishes wound up costing me $1.59 + tax.

The first ever Essence polish on my blog is Date in the Moonlight, a dark grey crème with bright blue shimmer.  Sadly, it does need two coats for opacity, at which point the shimmer is drowned out and the dark grey looks black.  Still, the formula was very good--this is an extremely well-behaved polish, going exactly where I wanted it and not dragging or pooling.  For the price, I may use it up in either water-marbling or try to franken a lighter version.  Anyway, all swatches are two coats, no top coat.


Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


Essence Colour & Go polishes are available online and in-store at Ulta.  They retail for $1.99 + tax.

No comments:

Post a Comment