Monday, September 24, 2012

Copper Week Day 1: Zoya Colette

I can't believe I haven't done a whole week dedicated to copper polishes yet!  Well, it's officially Autumn, so I'm remedying that mistake.

Colette is a very soft browned copper shimmer polish and is one of Zoya's core colors.  It's work-appropriate, fall-appropriate, opaque in two coats,and a lovely background for any of my dozen or so copper glitter toppers.  What more could I ask for? :)  All swatches are two coats of this very well-behaved polish (neither too thick nor too thin, no pooling, dripping, lagging or bald spots).

Indoors with flash:


Indoors without flash:


In the sun:


Colette isn't a true duochrome, but the color does shift slightly towards either the orange or the brown end of copper depending on the lighting.  It's also decent for stamping.  Colette is available on Zoya's website and at salons and some brick and mortar stores which carry Zoya polishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment