Monday, March 5, 2012

Ulta Lavender Fields set: Eyeliners, lipglosses, lipstick and blush

These are the rest of my Ulta freebies.

The eyeliners are lovely, very pigmented and long-wearing (about eight hours) but relatively small because they're double ended. The colors are basic colors, but quite useful. From top to bottom, one stroke each of raisin, black, brown and plum.

With flash:



Without flash:



The lipstick looks like a dark purple in the tube, but it's much lighter when worn. It's a bit drying and slightly shimmery, but wore evenly (only lasted about two hours, though).

With flash:



Without flash:



The glosses are scentless and shimmery. They were firm with just a little slip and no tackiness. They weren't particularly moisturizing, but very shiny and they did last about three hours.

With flash:



Without flash:



The blush was a terrible disappointment, shimmery but too pale to show up even on my white skin!

With flash:



Without flash:



Overall, the quality was hit-and-miss, and with the exception of the eyeliners, which I like quite a bit, most of the stuff in the bag was "Well, it was free" in terms of how I felt about it. I probably wouldn't bother to buy enough stuff to get a second bag.

2 comments:

  1. Ulta's eyeliner in Raisin is hands down my favorite eyeliner color ever. The ones I have aren't double ended, but they are the 'clicky' type. While I loooove them, I find they dry out and break after a few months. I've tried looking for a dupe color, but I haven't found one that I love as much. Until then, me and my breaky eyeliner remain friends lol.
    That shade of blush is almost laughable. I'm also pale, and I know that wouldn't show up on me either. I think I have acne scars darker than that lol.
    Great review! I'm going to have to look into these double ended eyeliners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I have scars darker than that too! I don't know if the double-ended ones are available or were just made for the giveaway, but you have good taste in eyeliner color. I'm with you on hating the twist/click eyeliners, though.

    ReplyDelete