Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Zoya Fleck Effects: Opal swatch and review

The second polish I have for you from Zoya's spring collection Fleck Effects, is Opal, which Zoya describes as "Blue Green tint with mylar green fleck effect" and I would add that even at three coats, the tint is very pale, and the flakes/flecks are exactly like the ones in Maisie.

Of the following combinations, I think I like this best over white. My index finger is one coat of Opal over two coats of Zoya Veruschka (hunter green matte), middle finger is one coat of Opal over two coats of Marks & Spencer black, ring finger is one coat of Opal over two coats of Orly Au Champagne, and pinkie is three coats of Opal alone.

Indoors, with flash:



Indoors without flash:



Like Maisie, the tint on Opal is subtle, but it does make a difference in the color of a light polish, and it dries extremely smoothly--I only needed one coat of topcoat to get my nails smooth. In addition, the polish was just slightly thick, and the flakies/flecks were well distributed without me having to shove them around with my brush and dense enough to show in just one coat. Overall, I would say this is very pretty, but since the glitter is pretty much the same as Maisie's, you don't need both unless you're a die-hard collector. Just grab whichever one of the two tints you like best!

The Fleck Effects Collection will be available at Zoya.Com on January 13, 2012.

2 comments:

  1. Green and flakie? Yum! I think I may need this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially if you've ever wanted Sinful Colors Green Ocean!

    ReplyDelete