Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Barielle Jess' Champagne Toast review and swatches

Jess' Champagne Toast was originally part of the 2010 Holiday collection from Barielle, but is now available year-round on their website. Because all of the reviews I saw of this polish said the pretty pink glitter got drowned in the purple base, I debated about getting it, but succumbed to my love of purple. Instead of using three coats of this polish, I layered one thin coat over two coats of Orly Au Champagne, and I'm pleased with the result. The base color is a grey-purple, slightly frosty, but all the fuchsia glitter is on display.

Indoors with flash:



Indoors without flash:



A couple of hours after I typed this post, the following arrived in my Inbox:

2 comments:

  1. This is very pretty. I'm very happy to hear that the pink glitter doesn't disappear if it's layered over another nail polish. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *checks nails* Nope, the pink is still there! :D

    ReplyDelete