Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Green Week Day Two: Orly Meet Me Under the Mistletoe

I love this polish and have since I got it a year ago, when it came out as part of Orly's 2010 Holiday collection. I got a pleasant surprise today, though, because as much as I've worn it over the last year, I hadn't seen it in the sun until today. In artificial light or cloudy daylight, it's a rich green on the blue end of the spectrum, full of pretty glitter in green and gold. It takes three thin or two thick coats to be opaque, and the dry time is a little slow but not horrible. It's a great winter green for me, because I am not fond of yellow-toned greens.

Imagine my surprise when I saw it in the sunshine and discovered that in full sun, it's a greenish blue! I was staggered and fell in love all over again.

Behold the beauty:

In the sun:





With flash, looking blue-green:



Without flash, looking green:

2 comments:

  1. This is really pretty. I also have this one, untried of course LOL. After seeing your swatches, I'm going to have to use it soon.

    ReplyDelete