Wednesday, November 23, 2011

17 Magnetized Nail Polish in Lilac: review and swatches

Here are some swatches of the second magnetized polish Juliette picked up for me. I'm still in love with magnetized polishes, although I actually like the blue better than this one, which is unusual because I'm a hardcore purple lover! Like Blue, Lilac has an utterly uninspired name, but unlike Blue, "Lilac" doesn't even fit the color of the polish! This is a deep, red-toned purple verging on plum, and while there are lilac trees with blossoms of that color, the word lilac, when referring to color, means the lighter version.

Yes, I know, I'm a geek. :p

The formula on this one was much the same as Blue's formula, quick-drying and thick like a matte, but not unmanageable and certainly not calling for a lot of cleanup. It dried glossier than Blue, but still needed top coat (I used Nubar Diamont) to keep from chipping, and it removed like a dream.

I tried to take pictures from as many angles as possible so I could show the way the pattern forms from the magnet and the fact that at certain angles, the lines actually disappear! I have spent way too much time watching my nails lately. ;)

First group is without flash:





Second group is with flash:






No comments:

Post a Comment