Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lucky haul

I stopped at my local Sally on August 29th to use up my 15% off coupon which was expiring on the 31st, and they had the new Orly Mineral FX collection. I'd also wanted another Orly from looking at nail blogs, plus I had a few China Glaze polishes on my wishlist. Then I swung by the drugstore on the way home and grabbed a Sally Hansen white for my Looking for Mr. Right White search.

Because I was yakking away with the sales associate, I didn't even notice the cost of the polishes, just handed her my coupon and my Sally card and continued to gush about Orly. I got Rock-It from Mineral FX, plus Close Your Eyes and China Glaze Flying Dragon.





I nearly died the next day when I was looking at the receipt. Before the coupon was applied, Flying Dragon rang up at $4.99, Close Your Eyes at $5.49 and Rock-It rang up at $0.25.

No, that is not a typo, I got a brand-new bottle of Orly Rock-It for twenty-five cents! I called the store to make sure it wasn't an error in their system, and the manager told me the error was on them and I was welcome to keep the polish.

Wow, just wow.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you got Rock-It for $0.25. That's insane!! I wonder what other polishes would have rung up for that price lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, it was 0.25 - 15%! If I'd noticed, I'd have gone and purchased a lottery ticket, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! That's insane. You can barely get a gumball for a quarter lately ;)

    ReplyDelete