Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat: Review and Swatches

I got really lucky and nabbed the three Sally Hansen crackle polishes I wanted at my local Discount Drug Mart when they were still $4.99 each. When that display was exhausted and the next one came in, Drug Mart bumped their price up to match Walgreen's and CVS at $7.99!

The colors are great, the crackle is pretty standard (fine cracks in a thin coat, bigger cracks in a thicker coat) and the brush is a flipping nightmare. It's long, skinny, and utterly unwieldy. Once I got used to it, I managed to get medium-thick coats on, but my first few attempts were awful.

All pictures are pre-cleanup, and I'm sorry they're not better. Unfortunately, my computer died, and in the time between getting a loaner from my dad and figuring out how to get the pictures off my camera, I changed manicures several times.

I wore Cherry Smash over China Glaze White on White (and I'm still looking for a white that takes fewer than three coats!):



Antiqued Gold looked good over China Glaze Lasso My Heart:



I wore Distressed Denim over Zoya Luna, and really enjoyed this combo:

No comments:

Post a Comment