Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pure Ice Strike a Pose review and swatch

By now I think everyone has seen the Pure Ice crackle polish displays in Walgreen's, and for $3.99, I took a chance on the turquoise, Strike a Pose. The China Glaze cream turquoise crackle polish, Crushed Candy, looked so awful on me that I didn't even take a picture, just got out the remover and then sold the bottle below cost. Then, of course, Michelle over at All Lacquered Up has to make me go and want it again with her turquoise jewel nails! I had to sit on my hands to keep from getting another bottle. :D

Because I could not for the life of me decide what color to wear it over, I asked my BPAL buddies and decided on copper. I used two coats of China Glaze In Awe of Amber, then the Pure Ice. It went on very smoothly, about as thick as the China Glaze cream crackles, and dried quickly, although it stayed dentable for about twenty minutes. I finished off with a coat of Nubar Diamont, and ta-da!


No comments:

Post a Comment